Great for basic milling work
TRAK DPM EX2 Bed Mills
The most useful features of a DRO are available in a crystal clear color display. While working manually in the DRO mode, let the servo motors do the most of the work by pressing the Power Feed and Jog buttons. When you need manual control, ball screws provide smooth, positive control while hand cranking.
Learning the ProtoTRAK
Even if your people have never used a CNC before, they will be able to learn the ProtoTRAK in just a few hours. From the first day you own it, your people will discover that it is easier to make parts with a ProtoTRAK than it is to use manual machining methods. They’ll quickly find, like thousands of machinists before them, that the effort to learn the ProtoTRAK will pay off in job satisfaction.
- Inexpensive to own and operate
- Essential CNC capability
- Easy to learn, easy to remember
- From “manual” work to parts with some contouring or angles
- Basic productivity is a key objective
- Users are not highly proficient in CNC
- Equipment budgets are very tight
- Shared machines – any given person may go days or weeks without using it
- Limited machining required for the overall job (fabrication support)
- Very small lot production or simple second operation
Program the ProtoTRAK EMX by making simple selections and answering prompts in plain English. Unlike conventional CNCs, you define only the part geometry; the ProtoTRAK EMX defines the tool path for you.
Handling programs is easy with the simple, clear choices of the ProtoTRAK. An internal flash drive lets you save hundreds of typical programs. A USB port is available to plug in a storage device for backing up programs and moving programs between ProtoTRAKs and computers. The optional USB thumb drive is convenient to use and comes configured to work with the ProtoTRAK.
While programming, simply press the LOOK key for color graphics of what you have programmed so far.
Math Helps are available for you to quickly and easily calculate intersections, points of tangency, arc centers and more.